We are back! Well at least I am. When you have kids, you sometimes lose track of time, your mind, and well everything in between. I have found that during the first year of each kid tends to be the hardest to have that time to yourself. You have to do everything for kids when they are little, but once they decide that playing by themselves in an ok thing, well I get myself back again. Plus on top of that we moved across the country. From Florida to Washington (which is the place we want to call home forever). We will see how long we can convince them to keep up here.
By back again, I mean I can craft again. I have done a few projects here and there and only because my husband has watched the girls so I could get those quilts put together, or whatever else I have been working on. Plus on top of that we moved across the country. From Florida to Washington (which is the place we want to call home forever). We will see how long we can convince them to keep up here.
Anyways, the youngest just turned one, like a week ago, and I am a stay at home mom to a 3 year old too. Both girls, and both amazing. Winter break has been a little rough for all of us. The three year old is used to preschool 2x a week (and she loves it — she’d go every day if she could) plus she has dance once a week but when the district school is out, so is she… so on top of the one year old I have a child who asks me for candy like every 10 minutes, works on pushing all my buttons, and tests every boundary we set. It’s a fun game that I am rewarded with a glass of wine at night.
This year I have quite a few projects I want to complete, resolutions to work on, and few tasks around the house that need to get done. I am going to share my list, and in hopes I follow through this year to get things done!
- Declutter! I am hoping to make this our forever home, so once we grow out of it, don’t need it, or don’t want it, its going going gone!
- Quilt! I have one quilt to finish for my godson’s 1st birthday in less than a month. That is my first thing to do! Plus I have like 5 others on my list. I’ll post the most doable in the list below.
- Bath Bombs. We want to make them. We love them, and I would love to make some instead of buying them to use.
- Block of the Month (BOM) – I have two that I am planning on doing this year. Pat Sloan’s & Quilters Planner. So hoping I can knock out at least those this year.
- I need to get back to working out. In Florida I had a group of friends I worked out with. It was a class and I went 3 days a week, it was awesome! Here I need to join a gym, but its spendy! Especially if you add on the child car portion. That almost doubles my monthly gym membership payment. But I need to figure something out.
- Refinish our deck. And all sorts of small changes in the house. I am hoping next fall I can get my kitchen countertops replaced. It doesn’t look like I will actually win the lottery, so we have to save up that money.
- Pay off my Student loans! This will be done hopefully in October 2018.
- Dream up a business idea. Find a passion. Go with it.
- Organize. It goes with the decluttering, but I need to organize my home, I need to start better habits. I am messiest person ever. And its hard to change some of my bad habits, but I need to do it for my husband. For our family. For our home!
- Sell more stuff. I sell Norwex. I love their products but I have been too busy to work the business. MLMs. Some people love them, some people hate them. I hate the pushy ones. But I am not pushy. Have questions, message me, or visit my website, http://www.cheriegoyer.norwex.biz.
OK. 10 things to do this year. Plus every day life, visiting old friends, having friends and family visit, and raising tow incredibly wonderful girls. I also want to prep myself and work on being on a design team in 2019. Which means I need to keep my blog up, post projects whether its quilting, paper crafting, or any other types of crafts, home goods, tasks, ideas… you name it.
I am not perfect no one is. And this might be a tough list to tackle, plus blogging takes time! Good pictures, Organization, Fresh ideas, and if you are reading this, you may be in my same shoes too. You will get to know me better over the next year and hopefully more, we may become best friends, or you might think I am too nuts for you.
I am always game for a glass of wine, some popcorn, and a good book too (well if I had time)…