Every few years we start over. We get a fresh start. We are in the process of doing so too. I am also in the process of going through all my craft supplies and giving them a fresh start too. It is a mess. I have piles of scraps, that when I move, I question if I should take with me. I also get a fresh start with friends, a new home, and a new lifestyle.
Moving to Hawaii has got me thinking. I am going to need to be in the best shape I can be. I am going to be enjoying the weather, the waves, and the ocean. I met an older gentleman the other day who had been to Hawaii. He told me I must get my SCUBA certificate. I told him there are TWO problems with that. One, I am afraid of things in the ocean, and two, volcanoes freak me out. Living in Hawaii will not be easy for me. But I know I need to get over those fears, so I might give it a go. I have come to realize that I have a nice list of things I want to accomplish for the next three years. And I am going to try my best to get them done.
1. SUP (stand up paddleboarding) — hello core workout!
2. SCUBA or Snorkle
3. Spend 50% of my day outside
4. Try something new to eat once a month. I must be brave.
5. Attempt to start a family. Long term goal, realizing there will never be the RIGHT time.
6. Get a bike. (yes, a pedal bike, I am thinking a beach cruiser)
7. Minimize. I will not buy junk. I will use up what I have before I get more. If I don’t need it, get rid of it.
8. Take in life. Be involved. But do not stretch myself thin.This has happened before.
9. GET ORGANIZED. Everything needs a place. It if don’t have a home, get rid of it, or find another option
I know there will be more to come, so this list may add. I have from DEC 2011 to JUNE 2012 to get my body in shape. I would love to lose 30lbs. If I could lose more, I would be OVER excited. This will be the perfect fresh start to life. Everyone needs one, you just have to make time for it.
Here’s to a fresh start, and hopes to many more.